Thursday 15 December 2011

Technical Summary of 'Mongoose's Present'


First of when starting this animation project, I researched what mongooses look like and the kind of facial expressions that the mongoose will have for the animation. I researched the proud emotion the most as that was the emotion that was the main focus in the animation. I made the mongoose look tall by giving him a long body to reflect this. When I finished modelling, I made Blend Shapes so that I can change the mongoose’s facial expressions.

When the mongoose was fully rigged, I created the eyes. The eyelids were created from two NURB spheres and have driven keys set to them so that they can be opened and closed. These were then parented to the controls I created using the CV curve tool so I could change them using these controls. The eyes were then parented to the head joint so that the eyes would stay in place when the mongoose moves.

The snake has a simple rig and is actually two models, one before swallowing the box and one after. The box itself has a Blend Shape which determines if it is open or closed. For the scenery of the animation, the trees and grass were quite simply some paint effects already on Maya, and the ground was a plane with a bump map added to it. The sky and background were made from a sphere which was then textured.  Finally, I animated the characters just by key framing and using the controls I had made for the models. I used two cameras which were the main camera and the snake camera.  

For further detail of the technical side of things, check out earlier posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment