Thursday 15 December 2011

My Crtical Analysis of 'Mongoose's Present'


One thing I felt pleased with in my animation was the movements of the snake model. I feel this turned out well because I made the rig and model very simple and this in turn made it easy to texture well and animate.

Reflecting on how the mongoose turned out, in my opinion, I would have liked the textures to have turned out as good as the snake's textures did. The eyelids turned out a lot better than I imagined as I had to learn quite a lot of new things in Maya to create them efficiently. The Blend Shapes I feel should have had more expression in them to give my mongoose more character. I also realised that the mongoose is modelled a bit wrong around the feet, which I couldn’t fix as I was too far into the animation project, but in future I would have to remember that animal legs work slightly different to human legs.

The scenery in my animation was made very quickly and although it looked the way I wanted it to (like a grassland in South Africa), I could have improved it to make it look better. The ground looks a bit plain towards where the horizon line is and the mountains are not really detailed enough. However the pain effects were quite effective, but it might have been better if I had created my own foliage to make the scene look more like how I wanted it to. I also could have improved the lighting of the scene, as it was a bit dark in some places.

For the animation itself I deviated from the storyboard and ended up with a better ending. Whilst I tried to convey lots of emotion from the mongoose, I think I partially succeeded. I could have definitely improved my animation in this area however, by adding more subtle movements to both the snake and the mongoose to convey their emotions a bit more. The animation as a whole also could have been slowed down as the camera and characters move a bit too fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment